Location and Directions
Our Club field is located East of Columbus, IN, at 11094 E. 25th Street, on the closed Petersville Landfill on approximately 52 acres of land. Google Earth GPS Coordinates: 39.1330N 85.4804W or use google map provided bellow.
Our Field Features:
90 x 500' grass runway
pilot stations and starting benches
Gas grill for member-use
Gravel drive and parking lot
Access to the field:
The landfill is open to the public on Saturdays 8:00AM to 3:30PM when the convenience station is open for trash drop-off.
Club members are provided a key to the gate for access at other times.
Non-members are welcome to fly if accompanied by a club member, but must have a current AMA membership card or be enrolled in the AMA Intro Pilot Program.
Smoking is only permitted in the gravel area, within 10 feet of the smoking material disposal unit.
Please review the Site and Flying Rules:
If you have any questions or concerns please ask a member.
The AMA Safety Code is in effect at all times.
Pilots must show evidence of current AMA membership.
AMA membership card must be posted on appropriate board
Pilots shall secure appropriate channel frequency pin from appropriate board before activating transmitter.
Open flying is in effect at all posted times, except during events and activities.
Pilots and spotters shall stand within or between the pilot stations.
Spotters are required during events and recommended at other times.
Taxiing and flight is restricted to runway side of flight line.
Taxiing is not permitted in the pits or behind the pilot stations.
Pilots shall make appropriate announcement when taking off, landing or declaring an emergency.
Takeoffs and landings shall be into the wind as determined by majority of the pilots.
Flight operations shall cease during electrical storms.
Special flight rules may be imposed for certain scheduled events.
Approved April 3, 2018
1) Through agreement with the Bartholomew County Landfill, the site is available seven days a week during the following hours: 8:00 am to dusk.
2) Members entering or leaving the site must close and lock the entrance gate behind them except when Club has made special arrangements for access control or Landfill is open to public.
3) Because of the locked gate and isolated location, members are strongly discouraged from being on site alone.
4) Vehicles are not allowed in the pits. Vehicles and trailers may be backed up to the pit boundary from the parking area side of the pits.
5) Vehicles are not allowed on runway.
6) A member’s Gate Code or Access Key is not to be shared with non-members.
7) Members and visitors shall conduct themselves in a civil and sportsmanlike manner at all times.
8) Members and visitors shall comply with club rules.
9) Failure of a member to comply with any club rule can result in loss of club privileges.
10) Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on site.
11) Smoking is permitted only on the gravel, within 10 feet of the butt can(s).
12) Members and visitors are responsible for the removal of their own litter from site.
13) The AMA Safety Code is in effect at all times.
14) The flight line is restricted to pilots and spotters.
15) Deliberate flight behind the flight line is not allowed. This includes the pits, the parking area, and any area behind the flight line. Pilots flying off the Geotex should limit flying east of the runway as much as possible, if both runways are active. Spotters are highly recommended.
16) The established club frequency control plan is in force at all times. This includes pilots on 2.4gz. AMA cards must be displayed on the frequency boards at all times when flying.
17) Fixed frequency radio transmitters are to remain off until a channel frequency pin for said transmitter has been secured.
18) Fixed frequency transmitters shall display the frequency identification number.
19) A catch container or absorbent cloth shall be used to prevent any spillage of fuel during the fueling of your aircraft.
20) Turbine powered models are not allowed.
21) High start lines are to run along east side of grass runway.
22) Mufflers are required on all engines.
23) Unescorted visitors are not allowed beyond the identified boundary
24) All flying is prohibited during the operation of powered field maintenance equipment (mowers, trimmers, etc.), as is the operation of any powered field maintenance equipment is prohibited in the event that someone is flying. Flying is not allowed when contractors are working on the field within our boundary using powered maintenance equipment.
25) Even if scheduled to mow, out of courtesy please communicate to club members via email and post to our Facebook page (if possible) your intent to do so a minimum of 4 hours before mowing.
26) In the event that the person intending to mow arrives at the flying field & finds people flying at the planned time previously communicated for mowing, the fliers shall cease flying within 30 minutes to enable the planned mowing operation to commence.
And the most important rule.... BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!
2502 25th street
Columbus Regional Hospital
2400 17th Street
Bartholomew County sheriff
543 2nd Street
123 Washington St.